CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Scratches and Scrapes





Hi everyone,



Are you ready for your new vocabulary word for the week? Here it is: maxillary frenum. What in the world is that, you ask. It is the flap of skin that connects the upper lip to the upper gum. How do I know that, you ask. Because I tore mine on Wednesday when I fell off of a box I was playing on. I thought it might be fun to go to the dentist for the first time on my daddy's birthday. Instead of spending $50 for a birthday present, I spent the $50 on a dentist visit. I did get a nice green balloon, a new toothbrush, and a free kids meal for Red Robin in the deal. I guess the injury is pretty common and he said my frenum was pretty pronounced and they possibly would have had to cut it anyway so I just did them a favor. I sure have had some bumps and scrapes though. In the last two days I tore my frenum, scraped my forehead right between my eyebrows, and scraped up my nose. You would think that all those happened with the same fall but they were actually three different incidents. Who is supposed to be watching me anyway!?!


I chose a picture of my battle scars (notice the bright red, scraped nose and the little piece of waffle in my mouth) and one of better days when I had my pictures taken professionally.



Until next time . . .

No comments: