CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Yearly Check Up

I know most of you saw this on our Christmas card, but I thought it was a good example of how big I am getting!


Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted my 5 year stats yet. I ended up going to my check up about 2 weeks after my actual birthday which meant that it was right in the thick of our Christmas preparations and activities. I guess I kind of forgot about it.

I found out that I am 46 inches tall (which is the 95th percentile) and I weight 44.5 pounds (which is in the 75th percentile). I'm not sure why my body mass percent comes out to the 35th percentile, but I guess that just means I'm long and lean. I think it is funny that my weight is almost the same as my height!

We did talk about trying to vary my foods and that means that Mom and Dad are now making sure I eat my dinner each night. They were adhering to the "we can give him healthy choices but it's up to him to eat it" philosophy but the doctor agreed that I won't learn to like anything new if I never try it. It has been a bit of a battle (one evening taking as long as 1 hour 45 minutes for me to finish), but hopefully it will expand my tastebuds. At least I think that's the hope.

I also may be going in for more allergy testing. Mom and Dad are concerned that I may have some environmental allergies because of the way my body is acting. I guess we just have to wait for that lovely thing called insurance to approve it before we can figure it out.

Overall I got a clean bill of health. Not bad for my first 5 years!

Until next time . . .

No comments: