CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Summer's Last Hurrah!

Hi everyone,

I know that it is officially fall but this past weekend we had one last summer fling at the ocean! The weather was sunny with mild temps for the most part, and boy did we have a good time. We went to the beach, visited the ice cream and candy store, kicked ourselves for forgetting our kite, ate yummy food cooked on the campfire, and drove the ocean highway a bit to explore the little towns.
I had my first experience with seeing jellyfish, kelp, and clams washed up on the sand. We drove through a flock of seagulls. Don't worry they all flew away but it looked really neat and we managed to miss the bombs they dropped while in the air. I finally walked on the beach without my shoes on! For those of you who know me, you know that this is a big risk because I normally like to walk on solid ground with my shoes on. I even dipped my feet in the ocean, willingly at first but then not so much.

It was relaxing and oh so nice to have a warm camp trailer to play in if it was cold out, to have a warm place to sleep at night, and a dry place to cook and eat if need be. And yes, the need did arise when a few rain squalls came through. Of course, I slept right through them but the dog tells me that about 5:00am on the morning we were going to pack up she jumped right up out of her bed because it sounded like hail was coming down on the roof. Poor puppy, you startle too easily.
Until next time . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like the picture of you dipping your toes in the water was not your idea of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

you look great in your pj's.
love uncle greg