CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My First Official Field Trip

Hi everyone,

I went on my first official field trip to a cattle farm in honor of our weekly learning theme. Wahoo! Mud, muck, and manure. It's too bad our weekly letter was A instead of M, otherwise I could have had some great alliteration.


I happened to learn through the grapevine that my babysitter's family owns cattle and their cows have had 11, yes a whopping 11, calves since the first of the year! We were able to go out to their farm to see the cows and bottle feed one of the calves. We also got to go out into the field to see them tag the ear of the newest calf. That momma cow definitely wanted us away from her baby, but we managed to get the job done and get in a little calf petting while staying safe the whole time. And a visit to a farm would not be complete without a tractor ride.

Until next time . . .

No comments: